Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Card play issues / Re: Brij bids 6NT with 17pts?
« Last post by BriJ on November 29, 2014, 09:06:32 AM »
 Hi,

Just to confirm, this was fixed several releases ago.

[Previous comment: It's usually difficult to comment on this type of issue without full details of the deal, what conventions are played, whether Pro or Lite, ... So it's best to email bjsoftware42@gmail.com first to exchange information.

However, in this case I think I've managed to reproduce the problem case on LITE, but not so far on BriJPRO. It looks like recent changes to distinguish between penalty and takeout doubles may have caused this problem. Sorry about that. You can look at BriJ's inferences for partner at the time you are about to bid 3 spades to verify this. It should say "Takeout double..." but if it says "looking for fit..." that would confirm the bug.  :'(

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue and it will be fixed in the next release.
 :-[
]
Card play issues / Brij bids 6NT with 17pts?
« Last post by 222fbj on November 28, 2014, 03:23:52 PM »
I am a social bridge player, using only basic conventions (Stayman, major transfers, weak two's, etc) who enjoys using your bridge program.  Frequently I fail to understand the Brij bids and play - which may be due to my lack of bridge expertise.  Below is an example of a game I found confusing:

North had  17 points and partner a passed hand.....So how can North go to 6 NT??
Bidding: East pass, South pass, West 3 clubs, North double
              East pass, South 3 spades (your recommendation, a forced bid), West pass, North 6 NT, all pass

Needless to say N/S went down.  Not a good sacrifice over 3 clubs.
What is going on here?

thanks
Common stumbling blocks when first using BriJ / All cards face up?
« Last post by BriJ on November 15, 2014, 07:41:17 AM »
Can't see how to hide robot's playing cards? Long-press an empty part of the table and make sure "Bid all the hands" or "Play all the hands" aren't ticked. ;)
Using the BriJ forum / Using BriJ on pc
« Last post by Mikey05 on November 07, 2014, 01:13:56 PM »
If anyone is interested you can download and play BriJ on your PC by using a piece of software called Blustacks. It works a treat for all your android apps. Just google the word bluestacks.
Poll: Upcoming BriJ Releases / Touch here to vote for enhancements to BriJ
« Last post by BriJ on November 02, 2014, 02:56:18 PM »
If there's something you don't see in the poll, please raise a new topic to propose and discuss any new feature you'd like.
Common stumbling blocks when first using BriJ / STOP bids
« Last post by BriJ on October 30, 2014, 01:04:13 PM »
When making bids at the 6 or 7 level, you can touch the STOP card more than once to bring the higher levels of the bidding box into view.
Common stumbling blocks when first using BriJ / Changing your Convention Card
« Last post by BriJ on October 29, 2014, 11:48:36 AM »
Some users have trouble finding the Define conventions setting to go back and change conventions after first installation of BriJ Pro. (There is a video for this at http://youtu.be/B28R6RNtkDo).

In Release 3.13.2 there is also a quick link from the help tab (attached image). Can anyone suggest further improvements?
Latest News on BriJ Releases / Halloween Release is Out
« Last post by BriJ on October 28, 2014, 05:12:12 PM »
Release 3.13.2 has
 ▶ Easier to touch overlapped cards in dummy, particularly on a small mobile with inconveniently big fingers
 ▶ Two new layout styles, including a Halloween version of the card table. Get the younger members of your family to try Bridge!!  ;)
General Discussion / Re: newbies
« Last post by billk on October 28, 2014, 02:08:23 AM »
I have been using BJ Bridge for about nine months.  It is the best.  It is the
"KILLER APP" for bridge players!
Latest News on BriJ Releases / Release 3.13.1 is out for Pro & Lite
« Last post by BriJ on October 26, 2014, 09:46:42 AM »
Brings Forum links and other changes to the Lite version.
Fixes a small issue with the new Auto-rotate feature
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10